CTAs are the gateway of conversions. It motivates your marketing funnel. The user's next destination is represented by the CTA. A CTA always provokes users towards certain action.
Moreover from visitors point of view they need “Call To Action” and they want it. Without CTA you can never boost your success in the digital marketing industry. So don’t ignore CTA at all.
There are various researches and surveys have been conducted to bring out the super effective “call to action”. I am going to share 27 highly important CTA statistics that will help you to boost your conversion rate.
1. Conversion rates typically range from 1 to 3 percent. (Steelhouse)
An average conversion rate of 3% means that 96 out of 100 visitors are not inspired by your CTA. This figure definitely shows a lot of work should be done with CTA. Stay reading to discover more shocking information.
2. CTAs used as anchor text in blogs improve conversion rates by up to 121 percent more than banner ads (hubspot, 2021)
This is very good news for content marketers. At least a decade ago, banner ads spread on the Internet. People got used to by seeing this kind of banner ads. May be this is the prime reason why text CTA works better.
3. Long layout landing pages with multiple CTA placement can generate up to 220% more leads than landing pages with CTA only above-the-fold (wordstream)
This statistics encourages making long form of landing page with multiple CTA placement. A short form of landing page can’t properly describe about the offer. Moreover in a short form of landing page you cannot place the element that make a landing age more conversion focused.
4. 70% of Small Business B2B Websites Lack A Call to Action.
5. Personalized CTAs convert 42% more visitors into leads than untargeted CTAs.
6. Call-to-actions that are surrounded by more negative space and less clutter increases a company’s conversion rate by 232%. (vwo)
Less clutter means the more white space. Yes more white space around the CTA removes the distractions. The best example of less clutter is google. You must have seen that google uses plenty of white space and achieves the attention to the most important elements.
7. 47% of websites have a clear call-to-action button that takes users 3 seconds or less to see.
8. Making CTAs look like buttons created a 45% boost in clicks (CreateDebate)
An eye catchy look attracts most of the attentions. This is also true for digital marketing. Even a good looking smart button has the ability to generate you a high click rate. Now a days creating an outstanding button is the easiest thing because thrive architect provide more than 20 templates of high attention growing buttons those are easily customizable.
Watch the video to learn how to create awesome CTA buttons:
9. More than 90% of visitors who read your headline also read your CTA copy.
10. ContentVerve saw a 90% increase in click-through rate by using first-person phrasing: "Start my free 30 day trial" vs. "Start your free 30 day trial."
In this case there is an effective sales psychological fact. A person buys when he is personally connected to a service, product or offer, according to the various entrepreneurs and marketing experts. No one wants to feel like they are just a number in a stats column to you. Bring a personal environment on online is very tough. Using the first person eliminate this problem.
11. Helzberg Diamonds saw a 26% increase in clicks by adding an arrow icon to their CTA buttons. (Marketing Tech Blog)
12. In 2015, 83% of marketers test and optimize conversion rates for call to action buttons, while 77% test page layout. (Econsultancy)
13. Sticky slide-in box CTA earned a 192% higher click-through rate (Hubspot)
According to hubspot, slide in box generates 27% more conversion rate than the regular CTAs like bottom CTA, side bar CTA. Slide in box has an average of 5.5% cr, on the other hand a sidebar CTA has just 0.45% cr.
Watch the video to learn the easiest way to create sticky slide-in box:
14. Emails with just one CTA increase sales by up to 1617%. (Wordstream)
Stay focused with this simple trick, this will allows you to boost your clicks and sales both. Average email conversion rate can easily be improved with this trick.
15. Call-to-Action that contained the searched keywords increased conversion rates by as much as 87 percent (Hubspot, 2017)
Search keywords are the thing what people want directly. This is the solid reason to do proper keyword research. It not only helps to boost conversion but it helps you to boost your seo.
16. An above-the-fold CTA brings more conversion. (Outgrow)
Short forms with above-the-fold CTAs do work for brands like Canva, Crazyegg, Moz etc. It reduces friction and also takes care of our short attention span. You should test both short form and long form to find out which is working with you.
17. Kimberly Snyder saw conversions boost by 144% when they added a sales video before showing the CTA. (Wishpond)
18.CR lifts in calls to action with 10 words or less. (MECLABS)
Your CTA should be clear and simple. Many over smart marketers try to be over smart. This is the best to stay straight forward. Just try add a value to your offer within 10 or less words.
19. Changing your CTA to “Click here” can increase CR by 30%. (Quicksprout)
20. The top priority for marketers is generating leads. (HubSpot,)
Leads are the core information of customers. Every business should be highly focused on leads so that they can make as big as possible customers base.
21. Performable found that red CTAs boosted their conversion rate by 21%.
22. 83% to 93% of each post’s leads come from anchor text & internal link CTAs.
23. SAP found that orange CTAs boosted their conversion rate by 32.5%.
24. A CTA within a video gets 380% more clicks than their normal sidebar CTAs.
25. Adding CTAs to your Facebook page can increase click-through rate by 285%.
26. Emails with a single call-to-action increased clicks 371% and sales 1617%.
27. Neil Patel found that users prefer to learn about the offer before clicking a CTA - placing his CTA above the fold decreased conversions by 17%.
4 effective ways to use CTA
I have shared a lot of statistics about CTA and each of those is so important. There are place and purpose to use CTA so that you can create the highest level conversion rate you have ever received.
1. Use CTA in your blog post to direct your visitor to the sales page. If you are an affiliate marketer then drive your traffic to your affiliate sales page. What you think is the best place to put a CTA in your content, put it exactly there.
2.Use CTA in you content to collect lead. From our experience for collecting lead, content is the right place to present the CTA.
3.Use CTA to spices up your free giveaway thank you page. When anyone land on your giveaway thank you page means he is the prime suspect to buy your products. So this would be one of the most appealing places to use CTA for your course, service. You can offer here a free trial if you have.
4.Use CTA to your home page. The best way to make your home page conversion focused is to use a CTA on home page. Home page is your one of the most traffic generating page. Optimize it to build your list faster.
How to build CTA
There are various ways to make CTA but I always like easy, simple and effective way. If you want to create high converting CTA with saving your times then Thrive Architect is the perfect solution. Thrive architect has dedicated smart looking CTA templates that you can use anywhere of your website and content.
They provide the templates that are able to attract the visitor’s eye. Just past your CTA copy in those templates.
Watch the video. Colin will show you how easily you can boost your conversion rate with The CTA templates of Thrive Architect:
The statistics I have shared those are not the ultimate for all. May be you can get completely opposite result form said in the statistics. But you shouldn’t discard the stats because these are the real industry information collected through many test and research.